Monday, November 2, 2015

Reflections on Module 1

  • What are three things you learned in this week's work?
The idea of a personal learning network was not foreign to me, but the title certainly was. I have networks with purposes, but they need to grow and in order to make that happen, it looks like I am going to have to learn how to use new to me tools.
 
Sometimes you don't know all the answers because you didn't know you had the question in the first place. Its good to know what is out there and good to expand horizons.
 
Reflecting on how we learn to use new tools should give more insight into how to support the other learners we are in contact with.
 
  • What are two things that were confirmed/affirmed for you?
Networking is important. It was good to meet with local Ontario TICers on the past Friday. Its good to share concerns and solutions.
  • What is one question that remains for you after week 1?
Looks like it will be answered in Module 2. How to contain the out there in being out there in social media and how to make sure my out there is definitively and recognizably Christian.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Fred, I'm enjoying your blog! Nice work on having multiple posts and processing your thoughts. I really connect with your statement about not knowing the answers because you didn't know you had the question in the first place. I can also add that with new programs there's new language and learning that language becomes a hurdle. I had a difficult time making the transition from a Smart Board to a Promethean Board. They basically do the same thing but it's a whole different dictionary. I found myself going to colleagues explaining what I wanted to do and asking what that would be in the Activ Inspire software for Promethean.

    ReplyDelete